Release Date: 16th April 2021
* Strictly limited-edition 12” vinyl in full colour sleeve
* Dillinja joins the legends series with two previously unreleased gems from the mid and late 90s. Very different in style, but both unmistakably crafted by one of the genres true bass scientists.
* ‘Selassie I Sound’ is from 94/95 and is one of those tracks that jungle detectives have been after for years! Cropping up in many live set recordings from that era – we’re really excited to have dusted off the DAT for this one and to be able to present it to you as part of this series.
* ‘Valve Sound VIP’ as a special DJ edit of the huge track taken from Dillinja’s 2001 album Cybertron on FFFR. Most likely to have been recorded sometime in 1999 this alternate mix of a classic packs a punch and gives a fresh twist on a well loved anthem.
* As part of the legendary Valve Soundsystem alongside Lemon D, Dillinja is responsible for some of the genres most seminal moments on labels like V, Philly Blunt, Metalheadz and his own Valve imprint. On V alone tracks like ‘Unexplored Terrain’ ‘Chapter 19’ & ‘Grimey’ have secured his place in the D&B hall of fame and mean the status of ‘Legend’ is richly deserved!
* The third part in this vinyl series, with more legends waiting in the wings. These are an absolute essential for vinyl collectors.
A1. Dillinja – Selassie I Sound |
B1. Dillinja – Valve Sound VIP
Release date: 17th September 2021
Strictly limited-edition 12” vinyl in full colour sleeve
DJ Die is among those who laid the foundations for British dance music, who first grabbed the world's attention in the early 90s and who indelibly stamped the 'Bristol Sound' on the history of music forever.
Die went on to become one of Bristol's most cherished musical sons - and one of the jungle / drum & bass movement's biggest stars. From 1993 onward DJ Die gave V Recordings some of the labels most seminal releases, including the likes of 'Slide Away', 'Special Treat' and 'Autumn'. It would be criminal of us to not get him involved in the Legends series. This strictly vinyl-only release sees two cuts from '96 finally see the light of day, 'Capers' and 'Inside'.
The fifth part in this vinyl series, with yet more legends waiting in the wings. These are an absolute essential for vinyl collectors.
A1. DJ Die – Capers
B1. DJ Die – Inside
Release Date: 29th October 2021
Hailing from the musical melting pot of Bristol, Krust earned respect through countless releases on V Recordings, his imprint Full Cycle Records, his collective with Roni Size, Reprazent and a series of cutting edge solo albums on Talkin Loud.
In 2020 Krust released his album ‘The Edge Of Everything’, followed by a remix project featuring the likes of Four Tet, Calibre and LCY. Back for his 2nd outing as part of the Legends series this strictly vinyl-only release sees two in demand cuts from Krust finally see the light of day, 'The Master' and ' Resistance '.
A1 Krust – The Master
B1 Krust – Resistance
Release Date: 9th July 2021
In 2018 Brazilian producer L-Side released his highly anticipated album 'Carnal Mind'. Taking his influence from Hip Hop artists, L-Side made his mark with his meticulous mix of upfront and aggressive sounds merged with funk and soul styles, forging a flawlessly fresh take on drum and bass.
Three years on since the release of the album L-Side has continued to grow and has captured the attention of the whole scene! Recents releases 'Zaga Dan' & 'Steppa Dub' gained huge support from a wide selection of D&B DJs as well as radio support from Annie Mac, DJ Target, Giles Peterson, Rene LaVice and many more. With remixes of his own for Hospital Records, Spearhead and more out now or en route, L-Side decided to take a look back at this project and has linked up with some of his favourite producers from to deliver a huge 4 track EP 'Carnal Mind Remxied'.
All four remixes have been receiving great support both before and during lockdown with Break, Dogger & Mindstate and label mates Alibi all putting their signature spin on some of the highlights from the album. The line up of remixers is made even more special by the inclusion of D&B legend Spirit's take on Spellbound - a project completely shortly before he sadly passed away in 2018.
With new music from L-Side waiting in the wings for release later this year, now seemed like the perfect time to finally unleash this remix project to the world, as well as shine a light back on his debut album for those who are new to the L-Side sound!
A1. L-Side & MC Fats - High Times (Break Remix)
A2. L-Side & DRS - No Sound (Dogger & Mindstate Remix)
B1. L-Side - Spellbound (Spirit Remix)
B2. L-Side & Inja - Nightprowler (Alibi Remix)
Release Date: 19th November 2021
Mozey boasts a catalogue of releases on the likes of Bingo Beats, Emcee Recordings, Souped Up, Serial Killaz and many more top shelf imprints. Shady Novelle features on both tracks having previously linked up with Mozey on his recent Hospital Records cameo.
Dynamite MC features on 'Midnight Called', an artist who has collaborated with a variety of world class artists including the likes of Tiesto, Andy C, DJ Zinc, DJ Marky, The Scratch Perverts and more.
'Make Beleive' is a collaberation with L-Side who's coming fresh off the release of his Canral Mind Remixed project featuring Break, Spirit, Dogger & Mindstate & Alibi.
A huge two track single that has great club and radio potential.
A1. Mozey, Shady Novelle, Dynamite MC – Midnight Caller
B1. Mozey, Shady Novelle, L-Side – Make Believe
Release Date: 9th July 2021
Strictly limited-edition 12” vinyl in full colour sleeve – with no digital until much later in the year.
* Roni Size is a name synonymous with both V Recordings and Drum & Bass. A real pioneer of the scene, and one of only a handful of names to transcend the genre to become a real household name. Both huge underground and mainstream success followed, along with the Mercury Music Prize as part of Reprazaent, and a discography of original productions and remixes that still stand the test of time and find themselves in constant rotation in clubland and on radio. With so many seminal moment peppered over the V's history this Legends series just wouldn’t be completely without some of Roni's many unreleased gems making an appearance.
* 'Operation X' finds Roni in a musical mode, with lush horn stabs and rolling drums. Produced circa 20001 this one is a personal favourite of Bryan Gee's who's championed it continuously over the years, and so will be familiar track for many, especially those regulars to the V podcast!
* The moment 'Synction' kicks in you know you've entered the world of Roni Size. More of a rarity into today’s digital world, Roni and all his bellow Bristolians who made up Reprazent and the Full Cycle family had an inimitable sound they made their own, which still resonates around the world to this day. A hypnotic intro breaks into an irresistible dancefloor workout which will make you wonder how this track was ever overlooked!
* The fourth part in this vinyl series, with yet more legends waiting in the wings. These are an absolute essential for vinyl collectors.
A1. Roni Size – Operation X
B1 Roni Size - Synction
Release Date: 12th November 2021
Suv & Dr Meaker link up to create a 3 track project, complete with 2 additional mixes from Jungle D&B don Bladerunner.
As part of the V, Reprazent, Full Cycle, Dope Dragon and Playside Recordings camps Suv has always forged his own path within D&B. Experimentation has always been at the core of his musical journey and, over the years he has been behind some of the freshest and most forward-thinking music this genre has to offer.
A1. Suv & Dr Meaker – Fire (Original Mix)
B1 Suv & Dr Meaker – Fire (Bladerunner Jungle Mix)
B2 Suv & Dr Meaker – Fire (Bladerunner Dub Mix)
Release Date: 16th July 2021
The debut Drum & Bass album from New York native T.R.A.C. pressed to vinyl for the very first time due to public demand!
Features productions from Lenzman, Calibre, Serum, L-Side, Command Strange, Bladerunner, Marc Mac, Random Movement and many more. Lyrical collaborations from MC Conrad, Dynamite MC, David Boomah, Adrienne Richards, Christina Tamayo amongst others.
When it comes to Hip Hop, New York is home to many great MC's and artists of all genres. Anyone who has ever visited the borough of Brooklyn will have seen its wide mix of cultures, ethnicities, and renowned musicians living within some of the most historic neighbourhoods in the world. Growing up within this melting pot has inspired the MC known as T.R.A.C. and as a result, he holds a deep burning ambition To Rule And Conquer the scene he is so immersed in.
Although his roots lie in NYC Hip Hop, T.R.A.C. is also a long-time lover of breakbeats at 174bpm, taking inspiration from Marc Mac, legend of 4 Hero and Reinforced fame, who would eventually produce his debut album on BBE Records. Building a loyal following over the past ten years, performing at Drum and Bass events all over North America, Canada and Europe, it was on one such occasion that he caught the attention of V Recordings head honcho Bryan Gee who instantly recognised his lyrical skills and the opportunity to unite that East Coast Hip Hop style with its distant cousin from across the pond, Drum and Bass. This album is the result of that link up. The first full length D&B album from a US MC!
A1. T.R.A.C. - Glimmer of Light feat. Raw Q
A2. T.R.A.C. - Step Tune feat. Random Movement & Adrienne Richards
A3. T.R.A.C. - The Making Of feat. Atlantic Connection
A4. T.R.A.C. - Life In Motion feat. Submorphics
B1. T.R.A.C. - Roots For Culture feat. Bladerunner & David Boomah
B2. T.R.A.C. - Higher Ground feat. Submorphics [Lenzman Remix]
B3. T.R.A.C. - Invisible Sounds feat. Level 2 & Christina Tamayo
B4. T.R.A.C. - Blue feat. Calibre
C1. T.R.A.C. - Roarganic Symphony feat. Unreal
C2. T.R.A.C. - Bad Bonus feat. L-Side
C3. T.R.A.C. - Welcome To The Stateside feat. Anthony Kasper & MC Astro
C4. T.R.A.C. - The Avenue feat. Marc Mac and DJ I-Cue
D1. T.R.A.C. - Late Night Connection feat. Serum & Dynamite MC
D2. T.R.A.C. - Take The Reigns feat. Command Strange
D3. T.R.A.C. - Pursuit feat. Paul SG & Conrad